- This policy does not imply any right or restriction upon third parties’ use the data that is publicly accessible on this website,
- “Personally identifying information” is information that can be used to identify you, such as your name, e-mail address, phone number, date of birth and so on…
- “Personal information” is information about you that is not generally available to the public, this includes your age, your shopping habits, what kind of home electronics you own and so on…
- “Statistical Data” is data compiled from other information, personal and otherwise that itself is not personally identifiable. For example the average age of our readers. their geographic dispersement and so on.
Internal Information Use
- We limit internal access to your personal information and personally identifying information to staff members that need such information in order to carry out their assigned tasks. It is not provided to other staff.
- Our software may need your personal information in order to fulfill its primary functions that have nothing to do with said personal information. For example your e-mail address is required in order to sign up to the forum, this is used to deter abusive behavior and provide you with any notifications you may request to have automatically delivered to you.
- We occasionally conducts surveys in order to get to better know our readership. In these surveys we are only interested in the statistical information gathered and we do not link any personally identifying information with your personal information.
- Personally identifying information gathered in a survey or contest is erased from our database once it is no longer needed (Ie: if we are giving prizes to randomly drawn participants, thecontact information for non-winners is deleted when the winners are selected and confirmed).
Log Files As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include internet protocol (“IP”) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (“ISP”), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data. We may combine this automatically collected log information with other information we collect about you. We do this to improve services we offer you, to improve marketing, analytics, or site functionality.
Web Beacons are electronic files that allow a website to count users who have visited that page or to access certain cookies. When you receive email messages or newsletters from us, we may use web beacons, customized links or similar technologies to determine whether the email has been opened and which links you click in order to provide you more focused email communications or other information.
ETag We and our e-commerce partners, affiliates, or analytics providers, use technologies such as tags to analyze trends, administer the website, track users’ movements around the website, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual and aggregated basis.
Local Shared Objects and Local Storage We use Local Shared Objects, such as Flash cookies, and Local Storage, such as HTML5, to store user settings and video viewing history. Third parties with whom we partner to provide certain features on our site or to display advertising based upon your Web browsing activity also use Flash cookies and HTML5 to collect and store information. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing Local Storage/HTML5. To manage Flash Local Shared Objects please click here.
Mobile Analytics We use mobile analytics software to allow us to better understand the functionality of our mobile software on your phone. This software may record information such as how often you use the application, the events that occur within the application, aggregated usage, performance data, and where the application was downloaded from. We do not link the information we store within the analytics software to any personally identifiable information you submit within the mobile application.
Third Parties. To improve the quality of some of our services, we may supplement the information we collect with information from third parties. For example, if you access My IGN (my.ign.com) using a third party connection or log-in (such as Google+, Facebook or Yahoo!), we may also collect your user ID, username or email address associated with that third party service or any information you have made public in connection with that service or the third party shares with us. In addition, we may use data collected by a third party operator/licensee of localized versions or editions of PCMag.com, IGN.com, or AskMen.com.
Speedtest—Broadband Performance Data Services. When using our Speedtest application, we collect test results, approximate location of the server and user machine (using publicly available information and if made available by your mobile device) as well as the network address and the ISP, college or organization that operates the network you test. The information we collect via the broadband and mobile performance tests run on the Speedtest app, speedtest.net or pingtest.net is done so anonymously and is then aggregated for a few different broadband performance data services. We do so with the express intent of providing a neutral and unbiased monitoring and reporting resource for users around the world. This anonymous, aggregated data can be accessed via subscription services.
Online Ad Serving. neurotic hacks and some of our advertisers use third party advertising service companies to serve advertisements when you visit our sites or use our apps. Often, these third party advertising companies employ cookie, pixel tag and other technologies to measure the effectiveness of Web, app and email advertisement and to create a record of interaction with our content that they use in conjunction with their advertising which appears on other sites or apps, or for reporting website traffic, app use, statistics, advertisement data and/or other activities on our sites. We will also engage third party providers to assist with the segmentation of this data. neurotic hacks and/or these third party advertisers may collect non-Personal Information about you for online behavioral advertising (OBA) purposes- which includes mobile devices and apps- in order for you to receive relevant interest-based advertising from us in the future but see below – Interest Based Ads- for more information on OBA.The specific providers we use are subject to change.
For a list of the applicable providers, click here. For information about how to opt out of tracking methods for these entities and others, click here.